Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 04:58:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
8289 Posts in 1135 Topics by 1275 Members
Latest Member: timbopark
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

+  Hiking Naked
|-+  HIKING NAKED
| |-+  Naked Hikers In The United States And Canada
| | |-+  Ohio Naked Hikers
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 » Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ohio Naked Hikers  (Read 21982 times)
Admin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: March 17, 2008, 03:43:36 PM »

Find others in Ohio who enjoy hiking naked. Please post your city so others can easily find you!
Report to moderator   Logged
nudewalker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 01:23:51 PM »

A few years ago I stayed at Caeser Creek State Park in order to see some of the sights nearby such as Waynesville for the shops, the Miami Bike Trail and Cincinnati.  We were pleasantly suprised to find the campground pratically deserted during the week which led to some unplanned naked hikes. There are some 40 plus miles of trails in the park so I'm sure there are more to explore.
  Also with the National Forests and loads of other areas in Ohio we need to hear from some naked Buckeyes! 
naturistohio
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 01:49:28 AM »

In NE Ohio, Youngstown.  Almost hiking weather!
nudewalker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 07:23:23 PM »

While exploring the wine country near Ashtabula Ohio I spotted some promising areas near Lake Erie.  The Cuyahoga Vally National Park deems to be the most promising. Also the campground at Geneva State Park borders a golf course.  My thoughts immediatly went to a nude moonlight hike late at night on the golf course.  I don't know how easy it would be to get fron the campground to the fairways or if there is security there that would make it impossiable.  Anyone familiar with the area I'd like to have your thoughts please.  Also if anyone knows any skinny dipping areas along the lake I'd love to know.

BuckNakedHiker
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 08:17:45 PM »

Anybody active in the central & southern Ohio area?
NudistSunWave
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 11:17:04 PM »

Hello to all,

I want to go free hiking at Old Man's Cave during a weekday, very early in the morning. If I can't find hiking partners then I will join a nudist club and hike on the grounds there. Just leave a post here if you are interested. Send me an email, no problem.
nudewalker

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 10:33:05 PM »

This will be the first installment of what turned out to be a nude break from work.  Due to the downturn in the economy my employer has decided to give us time off in the form of forced vacations instead of layoffs.  So as I promised Bluetrain, here is one of the areas I discovered.

Alum Creek State Park north of Columbus Ohio provides many areas to roam nude.  Along the lakeshore are a number of what appear to be old roads or right-of-ways that lead to the water.  It appears that they are used by fisherman to access remote areas of the lake.  As I spent time near the lake I found that one could walk some of these paths to the lake in relative safety in the nude.  As long as no cars are parked at the trailhead just dissapear into the woods, get naked and enjoy a stroll.  There are many areas on both the shores and I would suggest daytime north of Cheshire Road.

There is also a multipurpose trail near the baot launch ramp just past the model airplane airport.  Its' main use seems to be snowmobileing, but some hiking is also done I'm sure.  I spent a weekday afternoon exploring the trail and once again, no cars at the trailhead.  It winds through some wooded areas and along the lakeshore at points.  Due to the size of the lake unless fishermen in boats are close by it could even offer an oppertunity to skinnydip! There is an access road which is rather wide and I'm sure one could be seen from a distance.  Before I came out into the open I did spy a textile about 75 to 100 yards away.  I just slipped my shorts on and crossed to the other section.   The terrain is not difficult, and mountain bikes are not allowed on the trail but I did see tire tracks.

I've also read of a nude sunbathing site frequented by locals near routes 36 & 37 but I wasn't able to locate it.  Maybe if a local is one of our guests they will log on and provide us with some details.
daveco
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 05:31:16 AM »

Thanks for the tip Nudewalker!  I am into kayaking and fishing, but more south and west of Columbus; I will go have a good look at Alum Creek Lake.  Have you seen many fishermen in the various coves and inlets and such?  From looking at a detailed map I can envision some fine paddling, largemouth bass action, and all-over tanning!  It looks like there are several dead-end roads and parking places provided at various points around the lake.  If I make it up there I will post a report!
nudewalker

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 07:11:19 PM »

I'm only happy to share in my new found treasures.  Since Alum Creek is quite large I'm sure you'll find the quiet coves you desire but I've only had luck catching catfish while there.  I haven't made it to the most northern part of the lake yet but from a distance it looks promising. I also have had the chance to explore some more parks, I just need the time to review notes and post reports.
daveco
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 09:05:38 AM »

Nudewalker, I owe you a debt of gratitude for the tip re. Alum Creek.  I did as you suggested, looking around for old roadbeds as access points to the lake.  Looking for parking places with no other cars, I then went nude through the woods without encountering anyone.  I (and probably you) noted that several of the trails go through such dense woods that there are no secondary hiking trails intersecting them--they basically dead-end into the lake, so you aren't likely to encounter anybody who might hike in from a connecting trail.  Very confident for solitary nude walking! 

I went a total of 5 different times/places walking 1/2-1 mile each.  Perfect weather; dense woods; nice wildflowers; occasional views of the lake.  Being the Labor Day holiday weekend, the state park was PACKED with people at most places, the beach, powerboats etc. - so going nude so easily was a pleasant surprise!  I generally needed to suit up briefly when coming to the lake itself, as it was jam-packed with boaters. 

You mentioned a possible "place for the locals" - I didn't find any nude locals but I did find a fantastic little cove with a bit of a sandy beach, a short walk from one of the trailheads; could this be the place?  You can see the main lake but it is set back and fairly well secluded.  I am hesitant to divulge the exact spot on a public forum like this; if anyone wants details please let me know and I can e-mail you directly.  I have a 2nd idea where the "locals hangout" might be (or might have been...), but is now difficult to access:  At the end of a small, old road (Heverlo Road north of 36/37, east of lake) is a trail that obviously goes to the lake, at a place that I believe should have some spectacular cliffs and views of the lake, but there are about a dozen signs saying "no parking" up and down the road before it dead-ends.  So obviously I couldn't park and go check it out, but to me the level of signage smacked of "a problem" that "needed to be dealt with"!!  Maybe park somewhere along 36/37 and bike in? 

I hope to be going back to Alum Creek often, and I am inspired to explore other local lakes, state parks, etc.!  -Dave
nudewalker

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2009, 02:44:44 PM »

Daveco, I'm glad you enjoyed Alum Creek as much as I have.  Really unless the area builds up as much as the south end of the lake has there will be nude adventures for years to come.  Also, check out Caesers Creek, which is really under used except for holiday weekends.  Spent some time there during the week and found trails to explore. I've also visited a few other Ohio State Parks and had some sucess. Hopefully soon I'll be able to spend some time and report.
nudewalker

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2009, 12:36:29 PM »

Here is the second installment on Ohio Parks.  Salt Fork remains as a big question mark since the park is so large (17,229 acres) yet the trails are so short.  Most of the trails are near the campground/ lodge area and are frequented by families (at least the short time I was there).  There is quite a large wilderness area I have yet to explore and from the terrain I would either have to go with a partner or have a backup system in case of accidents.  I'm quite sure cellphone service would be questionable and I even wonder about a GPS in the tree cover and some of the deep ravines.  I must honestly say these are general observations as I did not have enough time to do a good evalueation of the area.  Any one familar with the area please, add your comments.  The place is too large and promising to go unnoticed.
nudewalker

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2010, 01:09:00 PM »

If anyone read my posts under "West Virginia" I've been searching for a cabin rental that would allow me to be naked and also secluded enough to hike without a net.  I think I may have found what I'm looking for in the Hocking Hills area of Ohio.  There have been posts on this site and others I frequent that have spoken of the Old Mans Cave area in the park.  Some of the cabin websites offer seclusion and large areas to explore and I hope that could mean naked hiking!  Anyone with any input?  it is a bit of a long drive for a recon at this time.
arsee
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 06:02:38 PM »

Thanks for all
canyonhawk
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 07:29:33 PM »

I used to hike in the Hocking Hills area years ago.  I can't give you any recent information, but I can tell you that Old Man's Cave is a very popular area.  Most of the "official" hiking areas (with names and signs, such as Cedar Falls and the like) are going to attract a variety of visitors.  I used to get a topo map and explore some of the canyons and hollows that were off the beaten path.  I would encounter no one.  It's a very beautiful area.
nudewalker

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 10:53:52 AM »

Thanks canyonhawk for your input.  While searching cabins in the Hocking Hills area I did find some that advertised themselves as romantic secluded areas.  I just wondered if that could mean that one could be nude and enjoy the grounds that way?  These cabins were found under a clothing optional search so if the oppertunity arises that I can get there a few phone calls may be in order.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 » Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: