Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 11:43:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
8363 Posts in 1143 Topics by 1301 Members
Latest Member: SilverDratt
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

+  Hiking Naked
|-+  HIKING NAKED
| |-+  Naked Hikers In The United States And Canada
| | |-+  Florida Naked Hikers
Pages: 1 2 3 » Go Down Print
Author Topic: Florida Naked Hikers  (Read 11893 times)
Admin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: March 17, 2008, 04:02:32 PM »

Find others in Florida who enjoy hiking naked. Please post your city so others can easily find you!
Report to moderator   Logged
john_arthur
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 08:10:26 AM »

Hello...I live in Clearwater, FL...where are there places to hike naked in Florida?
rooftopwilly
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 11:08:37 PM »

Hollywood.  No naked hiking down here as far as I know
homesteadfish
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 05:56:30 AM »

I live in Homestead. I just drive out to the Glades and get naked.  I even fish naked, just have to look out for gators and stray hooks!
rooftopwilly
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 02:15:56 AM »

Yeah, don't know if I want to be on the lookout for gators while enjoying a nude hike.  I've heard of some hiking out in the glades, but that just doesn't appeal to me.  I prefer hiking in the woods and mountains. 
RichNH
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 06:48:47 PM »

Years ago we visited my parents in Florida, they lived near Crystal Springs, about 90 minutes north of Tampa.  We stopped in and hiked a state park there for a little bit,  It was more of a 30-45 minute walk.  Coming back we decided to cut across an area because the trail made a big loop and we figured we'd cut time off the walk as we needed to get back.  We were walking through an area that was fairly free of ground vegetation when we saw this big black snake rapidly moving across a small clearing.  WOW!  Excitement!  Wildlife!  Then we continued on and ran into an area that had a heavy overgrowth of ferns, you couldn't see your feet.  I became conscious of that fact, I couldn't see my feet.  My wife suddenly yelled SNAKE! I turned and looked and there was this Eastern Diamondback Rattler all wrapped up with himself in the cool morning.  My son who was pretty young (I'd guess 8-9) yells "WHERE?" and starts walking right towards it, a few quick steps and I grabbed him and lifted him off the ground and pointed him right at the snake, about 8' away and said "THERE!".  He went stiff as a board in my arms!   LOLOLOLOLOL

You folks have to understand, we're from NH, we don't see stuff like this, animals that are that dangerous to you so close to civilization.  We beat a hasty retreat from that area and found an area where we could see the ground as we walked....     Grin

Rich
homesteadfish
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 05:42:10 AM »

It's true there are critters down here, but I always have my walking stick. I don't touch anything I am not supposed to, well almost never...lol. Where we all love a walk in the woods or mountains, there aren't alot of those down this far south. I just like the sun and wind on my body. The glades provide that privacy. I only wish our beaches were a loittle more liberal. We do have a nice spot called Haulover Beach, I would love to hike up and down the coast without worrying about bumping into anyone.
donbe
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 07:40:07 AM »

Is there anyplace in the Gainesville / Ocala area to hike?   The Cross Florida Greenbelt looks likely.  I did a very short nude walk there a few years ago . I'm not sure how heavily the trails there are used so I didn't spend much time nude.  I like to scout out an area a few times before I hike nude. 
  How about Paynes Prairie near Gainesville.? Has anyone nude hiked there?
Karlo
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 12:45:48 AM »

You can hike nude on the clothing optional section of Apollo and Klondike Beaches in Canaveral National Seashores Northern District in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, Volusia County.  Take I-95 or I-4 or US 1 to State Road 44 and head East to New Smyrna Beach.  Go across the causeway and keep straight as 44 will bend into A1A South, keep straight to the Gate House.  Fee is $3 per person, free for those over 62 or with permanent disabilities with a free golden access pass which you can apply for free at the gate house.  If you want to hike for miles on Klondike Beach you need a Day Use Permit which costs $2 for everyone.  Only 25 permits are issued in a day.  Once in the park go straight on the road till it ends at parking lot #5.  There are only 29 parking spaces so you need to get there early to secure one.  Cross over the wooden walkway dune bridge at the parking lot and turn right.  Once you pass the brown sign with white letters saying "BEYOND THIS POINT YOU MAY ENCOUNTER NUDE SUNBATHERS", you are in the clothing optional area of Apollo Beach.  It continues South to the big sign that says Back Country Permits beyond this point.  If you buy the permit you can continue nude for several miles on Klondike Beach legally until you get to the Brevard County line where there is an Anti-Nudity Ordinance.  Enter this area at your own risk.  I am not sure if they have a sign that marks where the county lines are since I did not get that far.  I walked for 3 hours out which for me is just under 10 miles.  Then walked 3 hours back to Apollo Beach.
Karlo
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 12:57:43 AM »

Hello Everyone  Cheesy

I am in Glenwood which is about 20 or 30 miles West of Daytona and New Smyrna Beach.  I frequent the clothing optional Apollo Beach at Canaveral National Seashore when I can.  Since I don't drive, not often enough.
Cats727Jay
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2008, 11:56:54 AM »

Hello...I live in Clearwater, FL...where are there places to hike naked in Florida?
There are places but you have to be descrete. Whithlacoochee Wildlife managment area is a good place. You just have to be logical as your hiking route.
hiker2
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 04:23:25 PM »

Hi,

I have two nice places to hike in South FL and a hike with a friend would be good.  One is near Labelle and the other is near Jupiter. 
HugginWarm
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2008, 11:18:33 AM »

[/font]Huggin here in Pompano Beach  Wink and will fish with you the next time I come to Homestead and we go to the Everglades. If you are fishing during the hotest time of the day certainly will bring water to keep us hydrated and wide eyes to watch for those gators  Roll Eyes energizing themself as well. We certainly do not want to be a treat for any of those gators. Our treat will be to share the fishing experience and enjoy the day. Grin
surf4turtle
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2008, 03:26:59 PM »

Hi,

I have two nice places to hike in South FL and a hike with a friend would be good.  One is near Labelle and the other is near Jupiter. 

I hike just north of Jupiter quite often.  Unfortunately, haven't seen many fellow naked hikers Smiley   Would like to hike nude with someone else

nakedbudd
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 02:43:24 PM »

NakedBudd here, in Orlando. I have hiked 500 miles in the last few years: FL GA SC NC VA CA WA.

Have hiked all over Central Florida, most of the state forests and all over the Ocala National Forest.

Weekdays are better than weekends.
State forests are better than state parks.

You score Double Naked Hiker Miles if you do it trailhead to trailhead, Triple Naked Hiker Miles if you leave the shorts in the car... and quadrulple if you leave them at home altogether!

Grin

Always glad to hike with another, just give a shout.
Fred
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2008, 10:32:33 AM »

There are several places in and near Tallahassee Florida to enjoy the sun and the company of others. From Thomasville Georgia to Crawfordville Fl even naked sinks [swimming holes] . I would be pleased to by a guide for other members or groups,
Pages: 1 2 3 » Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: