Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 01:10:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
8445 Posts in 1149 Topics by 1321 Members
Latest Member: mariposita
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

+  Hiking Naked
|-+  NUDE RECREATION AND ACTIVITIES
| |-+  Driving Naked
| | |-+  Driving Naked
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 » Go Down Print
Author Topic: Driving Naked  (Read 104833 times)
smuuthie
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2009, 12:11:29 PM »

I haven't driven naked for a while, but I had one long naked drive a couple years ago, I had gone to a supertramp Concert at the Gorge at George, Wa., and after the concert I decided that a trip down to Sauvie Island outside of Portland would be cool, so I stripped down, put some tunes in the player, and ended up at the beach around dawn, parked the car, and wandered down to the beach still naked, it was great! It's funny how the longer you stay naked, the less concious you are that you are indeed running around without any clothes. One of the greatest Naked Driving photos I've seen recently is at www.NickScipio.com/pod/04/06/2008. This gal is driving down the freeway in a convertible Beemer, totally without fear.
Bob X

« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2009, 02:30:37 AM »

Your link no longer works, at least it doesn't for me.
nudewalker

« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2009, 11:06:48 AM »

What a night last night! A series of severe storms left my place of employment with a group of problems including flooding and power surges. As I thought of places to post this reading up on other posts seemed to be the best idea.  Much like Bluetrain, the economics of employment have taken a strange twist.  Since I had to stay over on my shift in order to put things back into operational order I now have today off.  When I left at 3:30AM I was greeted with another downpour which left me soaked as I went to my truck.  Figuring that #1, the rest of the vehicles were night shift personnel and #2, no cop would pull me over in this; I stripped and enjoyed my drive home au naturalle.  Just pulled into the garage and walked in the house naked as usual!  I guess we'll just have to grab our naked time  as we can.
love2bnude
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2009, 02:54:09 PM »

No surveillance cameras on the premises. We aren't that big anyway and besides, half of the company at this location just moved into a new building near Front Royal, which, ironically, I'm always talking about in my messages. Front Royal is at the northern end of Shenandoah Park and also just a few miles from the northern end of the George Washington National Forest.

The subject of risk comes up quite often on this message board. I guess that's understandable given the subject matter, which is really outdoor nudity, rather than simply hiking nude, or naked, as it is officially stated. Whatever the name of the forum is, that is what we always talk about. Being naked outside--and even inside. Yes, there is risk. There is risk in hiking even with clothes on, although honestly, the only additional risk of hiking or camping without clothing is that of being seen naked, which is perhaps a little more dangerous than being seen in a pink shirt.

Many people here have reported being seen with little negative reaction, though not all encounters with other people out in the woods have been that way and usually people here report using some sort of cover-up garment to minimize any possible reactions. It has always worked for me. Either way, apparently people here think the risk is worth it for the benefits. But I have always wondered if it would be as much fun if there were absolutely no risk at all? Well, I expect it might even be more fun.

As far as taking risks like I have sometimes done at work, that may be another story. I'm pretty much at the end of my career anyway and all I think about is retirement. There doesn't seem to be any spare time to actually do any nude hiking anymore, oddly enough, so I have to make do with althernatives, which is trying to live parts of my daily life, or at least my weekend life (which is a separate institution) nude as much as possible. However, part of the trick is to be as open with your "lifestyle" as you think you can be without waving it in front of anyone's face, in a manner of speaking. That can be easier said than done but the general idea is to not have any deep, dark secrets about any of the things you do. If it is really necessary to be that secretive about something, then perhaps you ought to reconsider whether you should be doing those things. At work, there is general knowledge among those who I work with day in and day out of most of my current interests and activities, including things involving nudity. It isn't easy to maintain a balance but most people aren't that interested in your personal life anyway but at the same time, people can be amazingly accepting of other people most of the time, at least around here. Problems can arise when you yourself make your offbeat interests an issue.

The idea, I think, is to create an impression, favorable we hope, in the minds of other people you associate with, that whatever it is you do that they learn about, they will accept it completely, in a way, because they have come to see you as simply being that way and will not be surprised at all, at least not in a bad way. This isn't to say it is an easy thing to do.

Dude, I am one of those who have never seen negative reaction.  I think you hear more bout the bad ones than the ones who like seeing you.  Maybe its because most of those who seen me have been younger and more open or curious.  Also, I have wondered, why has no one mentioned shaving pubic hair for a "friendlier" look.  I think its the "bush" that is so negative for people to see and besides women do it all the time!
I also agree, since we are bout the same age, if you have kept your parts (body) in good physical shape, then why not let those who are curious see them?

Does anyone else think same?
AK_Ani
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2009, 03:36:22 PM »

When on a road trip from Alaska to Arizona, I played a road trip game where you would strip an item of clothing every time you saw a vehicle with a light out (not turn off, but actually not functioning). There's other rules involved, but it's a fun way to pass the miles on a long road trip. So I've driven (and rode in the passenger seat) sans clothes.
love2bnude
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2009, 04:24:25 PM »

When on a road trip from Alaska to Arizona, I played a road trip game where you would strip an item of clothing every time you saw a vehicle with a light out (not turn off, but actually not functioning). There's other rules involved, but it's a fun way to pass the miles on a long road trip. So I've driven (and rode in the passenger seat) sans clothes.

I found you Ani!   Yes , it sounds like lots of fun doing that.  So did you get a chance to feel someone seeing you naked during that experience?
Lilwilly
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2009, 10:55:59 AM »

I have driven nude many times, the most recent time was 2 days ago. On the highway I noticed the truckers can see in through their rear view mirrors when you pull up along side them. One trip I could see them reaching for their CB when I was past them, virtually every truck I passed did this until I put some shorts on my lap to look dressed, then they stopped going on the CB. That was confirmation to me that they could see. There is one park I go to that is secluded enough that I often go with all my clothing and cover ups locked in the trunk. I like to be totally nude so I don't wear a shirt. That means I have to confine my activities to warm weather when being shirtless does not draw attention. I am careful to obey the law when I am nude and not flaunt my nudity, and I try not to pass trucks slowly, I either stay behind or move past them fairly quickly.
hymie
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2009, 03:24:02 PM »

I skinnydrive a silverado to work nearly every morning. To my knowledge no one has noticed I am nude, even when it is too cold to be shirtless. I sometimes drive home that way as well in traffic and daylight and no one notices. Mine is not the tallest vehicle by any means, but it is taller than most cars. I stay in the right lane and make sure to stop where taller vehicles are not directly opposite me. It took some getting used to but gradually I realized that most people are intent on watching where they are going and not looking into other peoples vehicles.
naked bruce
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2009, 06:21:35 PM »

Hi, all .Just yesterday , my g/f and I drove a backroad nearby and picniced naked in the hills .Two weeks ago,we visited a hiking area in the Mojave  ,drove nude there,hiked and drove home nude .We plan to nudify as many sites as possible. 
  I have driven naked all through Southern California and parts of Nevada ,Arizona. Day or night .My longest trip is from Palm Springs area to Black Rock city , Nevada . the laws are ,in this state as , I think was mentioned , the same as indecent exposure . If someone complains , get dressed . It is only a misdemeanor anyway.
Alfresco10

« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2009, 01:41:45 AM »

The pleasure for me comes from driving totally naked, which I do often on long trips and anytime I've been hiking naked or skinnydipping.  But I have the advantage of mostly traveling on two lane roads, so I don't have to be watching for trucks and SUVs passing me (I have a small sedan).

When I'm alone, I always keep light tan, wide leg shorts on the passenger seat which I can slip on in about two seconds, and flip-flops in the passenger floor well.  On four lane highways, I'll momentarily place the shorts on my lap for a passing vehicle during the day.  Someone looking down into the car sees me "wearing" shorts.   I've actually driven all the way through metropolises that way, but it gets a little cumbersome in heavy traffic.  When I'm with other naked passengers, we figure out some other strategy.

Thanks for the advice, doodndanood, about nighttime truck traffic.  Never had a problem, and have never covered up.  I'll be more careful.

Driving naked is a sensuous experience.  Very relaxing and refreshing, if done carefully.

Staying naked as possible.   Al
lovetobenaked
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2009, 10:05:56 AM »

I drive naked every chance I get.  I prefer to do it during the day but drive naked at night as well.  I always keep a pair of shorts handy in case a family pulls up in an SUV.  Have never had a problem with truckers - in fact have had many sound off their horns as I pass them and/or give a thumbs up.
freewalkerMA
Global Moderator

dayDreamin!

« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2009, 09:58:50 PM »

All this talk about driving naked.   I wanted to toss in a little light hearted warning, inspired by my experience in Vermont this past four days.   What was to have been a naked hiking day day hike, became a four day experiment in living naked 24/7.   Most of this centered around backpacking, section hiking parts of both the AT and LT, fishing, swimming, and overnight camping in the trail side huts, sometimes in the presence of willing textiles, all situations where clothing is truly unnecessary.    If you ever have an opportunity to do this kind of extended nuding, not in a controlled setting like a resort,  don't pass it up.   I did some driving around as well,  in order move from one trail head to another.   

To get to the matter, after living naked for a couple of days, one forgets that one is naked.   Upon pulling up to a convenience store to get some supplies, I opened the car door, and proceeded to swing out from behind the wheel.   Fortunately, it dawned on me before I got much further, that I was back in the textile world.   OOPS!   -Dan
socalfreehiker

« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2009, 03:07:50 AM »

Grew up in Vermont. I find it a more civilized state, however the amount of time that it is warm enough to be nude is so small. More than any other state I would feel comfortable free hiking. Enjoy the wilderness my friend! Smiley
rooftop
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2009, 09:37:01 PM »

Haha, great story freewalker. 
I did a bit of naked driving Monday night.  I had to run to the store around 9:30 at night.  When I got out, I took off my shirt and dropped my shorts down around my ankles and drove home.  Not a long ride, but first nude driving I'd done in a while.
freewalkerMA
Global Moderator

dayDreamin!

« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2009, 10:36:32 AM »

Thanx for the encouragement socialfreehiker.   I freehike in the snow, so there is no weather conditions in Vermont this time of year that bother me.   Playing naked in the rain is one of life's special treasures.    Vermont is indeed a freehikers paradise.    Coming from Vermont, you of course realise that the weather in Vermont is always good (for freehiking) as long as you like it.   (an observation that I picked up from a textile through hiker this weekend)   -Dan
rooftop
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2009, 09:20:23 PM »

I went to the nude beach at Oka today and didn't want to leave, but a thunderstorm rolled in just before 6 o'clock, so I left.  But I drove all the way home naked (about 40 minutes).  I have a sports kilt that velcroes around the waist.  I put that under me, just in case I needed it.  Had to use it three times...once was coming out of the park, two police were sitting there, so I put it on just in case.  Then I passed three school buses with kids on it, so I put it on again.  Third time was close to the house, a lot of younger kids were out on the street. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 » Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: