Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 07:55:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
8526 Posts in 1156 Topics by 1334 Members
Latest Member: cchrisferrini
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

+  Hiking Naked
|-+  HIKING NAKED
| |-+  Meet-Up For A Naked Hike
| | |-+  Nude Hiking In Maine
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nude Hiking In Maine  (Read 3355 times)
nakedmaine
« on: November 12, 2007, 12:27:26 PM »

Even though it's getting cold out right now here in Maine, I'm looking for areas in Maine for some nude hiking and places to hang out nude in the summer time.
It's never to late to make plans for next year for some nude fun.  I also like to hike nude in the winter when the temperture high enough and sunny. I love being nude when ever and where I can.  Also looking for some nude guys to hang out with (outdoors or indoors).  I live in Hancock County, around the Ellsworth area and looking for around my area but also for areas throughout Maine to travel to for vacations.
Thank you for any and all help
John
tiquer
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 11:01:13 AM »

There are plenty off places to hike in Maine. We have the Great North Woods and all the paper company land. Weekends are best , there are no woodcutters around so you can hike the roads, just carry your shorts with you just in case. I've never had a problem. Most of the mountains are used by nudists also, just be careful.  A friend hikes the Gulf Haggas area on the Katadin Ironworks on a regular basis.
As for places to go nude, we don't have much anymore, we lost Lakewood,Perrie pond and Yorktown about the only place is Richmond Saunas but with all the woods go for it.
nakedmaine
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 12:40:30 PM »

Thanks tiquer

I'll keep that in mind for when we have some warm weather.

Also looking for some nudist groups, or guys that like to get together nude to hang out with for the colder weather.  Places to be nude indoors.

Thanks again
John
Thom
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 06:21:30 AM »

The last time I was in Maine (June
mike
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 05:17:09 PM »

Hi, Check out the Maine Bares. They meet every first sunday in southern maine.I think their site is 'Maine Bares.'
nakedmaine
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 06:34:48 PM »

I've checked out the Maine Bares but it's about a 3 hour drive for me (which would be great for distance nude driving).

Now that it's warmer looking for some nude hikers in the Bangor, Ellsworth, Bar Harbor area.  Also looking for some nudist friends to just hang out with.
John
sal_limpone
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 12:25:53 PM »

Sal Limpone here,

I know this is not a firearms site, However if we are typing of areas where hunting is done, guns are still a part of the lifestyle. I grew up on Long Island NY, in Suffolk county, where Hunting was the Big money maker in the fall/winter.  Fishing was also a big item in the Spring through the fall.

I am Not typing of just the subsistence fresh & Salt water fishing, Nor the many Fishing and Hunting  clubs all over the Island, that often charged Thousands to be a member .There were also Many hundreds of Party boats which is still a viable industry on Long Island.

But also industries of Clamming, Lobstering, Crabbing, Shrimping, Etc., that brought in many Millions to our economy. Long Island was a bit built up in Eastern Queens County, which was Not a part of NY city until about the year 1900. There were still some farms in Queens till 1950.

After WWII, levit started building new homes for 6 to 8 thousand $,  In Western Nasua Co.
I am typing this as a backdrop to the crazy events in Suffolk Co. Over the last 40 years.

There were less then 100,000 people in/on all of Suffolk Co., In 1950. My family sold our farm in that decade, and bought a 3 bedroom front to back split level house, for $12,000 on  about 10,000 Sq Feet in 1954 in Smithtown township (in Commack)

I grew up in the 40s an 50s where I often swam nude in Ponds, Lakes, and rivers. We would stop at a farm, Pick a few Tomatoes, Apples, Peaches, and perhaps a small Watermelon, and each of us left 25 cents in the Mayo jar by the open path into the Goodies.

Sometimes as many as 10/15 of us kids would go swimming, hiking, Rabbit& Squirrel hunting all day. That with cheap single shot shotguns. By the end of the day, we would have 45/60 critters that we had gutted, cleaned, skinned to get the skins for Gloves our Moms would make an salted to keep then from spoiling

Many a home would have a small feast of such fare in the Food producing areas of the Island.
Back then most of us hiked to, during, and back home from a summer day of such delights. It was Not something unusual, it was just country living.

Remember that Farm fields were Not good for Biking, Nor were the many areas of Forrest. That left trails, dirt roads, and Village streets. We were often on  trails, and dirt roads which we often travailed naked as the day we were born. We would jump in each pont/stream to cool, and clean us off a bit. (Mostly from gutting & cleaning the game.

Most often all boys, but perhaps a few Girls about 10/20% of the time. The average age was from 9 to 14 for both Boys and girls. At 15 there was a change, that meant we were mostly grown up. We could get learner permits to drive during the day.

Sal Limpone
RichNH
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 08:43:20 PM »

When my folks moved from the city to North Babylon in 1952 there were deer tracks in the back yard.  We lived ona  road that had a lane of moss down the middle and the birch trees on either side formed a conopy over the lane.  The people who ran the turkey/chicken farm right across the road didn't even know the name of the road they lived on.  It wasn't until the early 60's that urban sprawl caught up to us and by then I was a confirmed country kid.  When I finally got my chance to move out I did by joining the army and settling here in New England.  I remember those days of my youth, Long Island is a different place now.

Rich
BlueTrain

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 08:09:02 AM »

I live in a Northern Virginia suburb of Washington, D.C., and I have seen deer both behind the house and in front of the house in the street, though such sightings are not common. Deer are very common in the county, however. There is sufficient cover in the form of patches of woods and parks, many of which are connected in that they follow stream beds. Likewise, there are three or four beaver ponds within a half-mile of the house. There is thickly wooded common area behind our house and other such places on beyond. There have been reports of black bears in the western parts of the county now and then, too. In fact, I've seen more wildlife in my neighborhood than I ever saw in West Virginia.

The residential neighborhoods won't be changing much but the western part of the county near Dulles Airport has changed a great deal in the last ten years. Only in the last couple of years have the last farms and barns and silos disappeared but there will still be woods. An employee here at work actually killed a deer on the property here (bow).

The good places for nude hiking are still a long ways away, though.
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: