Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 06:24:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
8284 Posts in 1135 Topics by 1273 Members
Latest Member: Jeffnaturist959
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

+  Hiking Naked
|-+  HIKING NAKED
| |-+  My Favorite Places To Hike Naked
| | |-+  nude camping
Pages: 1 2 3 » Go Down Print
Author Topic: nude camping  (Read 18954 times)
sailarmyxd
« on: May 18, 2009, 08:00:41 PM »

Just spent last saturday out with the family camping and thankfully my wife is ok with my nudity and i got to spend the day naked around camp even went on a few quick walks away from camp too it was great to get out and away from the clothes in nature. I was camping in Roosevelt National Forrest in northern colorado if there are any others in the area that would like to go camping let me know maby we can take over a couple of sites.

Report to moderator   Logged
nudistroy
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 10:05:48 PM »

Anybody ever camp out over night at Sycamore Creek? I'd like to try it. Let me know.
socalfreehiker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 10:22:57 PM »

Camping in the nude! You lucky dog - my wife is willing to accept my desire to be clothes free as long as she does not see it. The best I can do is to camp by myself or at a clothing optional resort.  a) How are the bug in NoCol? b) What footwear do you use?
Happy Hikers

Treking Naked

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 11:51:23 PM »

My most memorable naked campout was 2 years ago when we went on a three day campout. We knew we would be naked most of the time but one of our goals was to stay naked for at least a 24 hour period straight. If you’ve ever camped in the Rockies above 9,000 feet you know that even in June the temperature usually drops into the 50s. We managed with a good size 2 person fire and a padded loveseat lawn chair. “Our” site is about 300 yards off a 4 wheel drive trail so the chances of having someone stumble across us are pretty slim.

The hiking is good near that site and the only time we thought we might get “caught” was when we hiked for about an hour & a half on the somewhat traveled 4 wheel drive trail.

Socalfreehiker – bummer about your wife. My sweetie likes the naked hikes but we’re always fighting about who gets to walk behind  Grin. She usually wins because she’s afraid we’re going to come across a bear and she wants to be ahead of me if we have to suddenly high-tail it back in the direction we just came from.

I’ve been around the county and we have a lot less bugs in the mountains than most places. Tennis shoes are our choice for naked hiking – otherwise mountain boots for the tougher (clothed) hikes.

Happy Hiking!

Happy Hikers

Treking Naked

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 11:56:34 PM »

Ooops. Can I delete my own post? (This portion was added/edited after the next post was written. THIS post is the one I want to delete. Not the one above. This one happened by accident.)
socalfreehiker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 11:49:28 PM »

Ooops. Can I delete my own post?

Happy hikers? Why the need to delete your post. It was very informative and brings back memories of simpler goals that I have had in the past.

My goal for the next camping trip is 48 hours of complete nudity. Oh what the heck - let us make it 72. As you point out, temperature is the key factor. At night in the desert, it is no dessert.

My shoes of preference are from Teva. Easy to carry around - good for naked hiking everywhere - especially in Europe.
freewalkerMA
Global Moderator

dayDreamin!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 01:08:56 PM »

Very enjoyable post Happy Hikers.    I suppose that I had set goals like those when I set out on my 3-4day naked backpacking treks in Vermont and Maine this past summer.   But they were not absolutes.   As it worked out, sharing the overnight huts on most nights with other through hikers, I had to cover up when I walked into camp each day for the first time, but after tactfully inquiring of my camp mates, I was able to remain naked around camp most evenings and mornings before I set out naked on the trail again.   All in all, I remained naked on these treks at least 90% of the 3-4 day period.   Enough to forget that I was naked, which is about the best that you can hope to do in these parts.   I am hoping for one more 3 day overnight on the Long Trail in Vermont at the end of October.   Whether I do this entirely naked will be a matter of the weather most likely.   It is starting to get rather cool at night around here.  Though it is pleasant to contemplate what has happened after the fact, goals of this sort, as with mileage and speed, are not as important to me than merely getting out there naked and letting the trail come to me.   -Dan
AlwaysAround
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 09:51:54 PM »

My goal for the next mass at church is 48 hours of complete nudity. Oh what the heck - let us make it 72. As you point out, temperature is the key factor. At night in the desert, it is no dessert.

I think the longest I went fully naked was something like 2 1/2 days, but almost all of that was indoors.  I'd get home from work on a Friday, and stay naked until Monday morning when I went back to work.  It'd be more fun to do that camping.
nudewalker

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 10:12:39 PM »

Oh the joys of naked camping!  I've only managed maybe an 18 hour strech where I managed to be nude.  It was midweek, post Labor Day at a state park.  Only two other campers in a 100 acre plus campground.  Now I wonder if they positioned their campsites far away to enjoy nude time also?  Keep up the posts Happy Hikers, maybe it will inspire other couples to join in our world.
socalfreehiker

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 11:34:44 PM »

FreeWalkerMan,

You must frequently do it all - driving naked, hiking naked, camping naked. Are there other naked activities you do?

In a couple weeks, I hope to accomplish all three in one very long weekend. It begins with a 2 hour naked drive out to the desert, followed by setting up my camp (naked, of course) and later exploring the area as a freehiker.  Jaybirdsen will be joining me Saturday morning for a 3 hour hike. Others are welcome to join us. (AlwaysAround?Huh)

The only thing missing is a good run on the beach (a bit difficult 80 miles from the ocean) and skinny-dipping in cool mountain lake (ummm, no water, hence no lake - how about a pool.) As mentioned, I'm hoping to set a personal record of at least 48 hours sans clothing with a possible record of > 80 hours before "civilization" calls me back. My only concern is running out of provisions and requiring a run to a mini-mart. If I'm wearing only a long shirt, no shorts, am I breaking the "rules"?  Cheesy Anybody pump gas in the nude?  Grin

freewalkerMA
Global Moderator

dayDreamin!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 12:52:21 AM »

Not as frequently as I may like Socialfreehiker.   I would like to be able to go about in my yard, gardening, renovating my house, relaxing, reading, etc as is more common in parts of Scandinavia and the Netherlands.  I envy the fellow in upstate NY mentioned recently in "Dear Abbey" who is in an area remote enough to do all of this and more.  (Incidently, Abbey approves of the nudist lifestyle).   I do putter around naked indoors and around my woodshop whenever I have an opportunity.    Outdoor activities where I have an opportunity to be at ease with all of creation,  unencumbered by trivialities like clothes, are things that I go out of my way to do naked whenever I can.  They are possible and practical for me in places accessible to where I live in Massachussetts.   Things like hiking, backpacking, camping, swimming, kayaking, sailing, jogging, and occasional snowsports all come to mind.  Note: Massachusetts in general is not nude-friendly for much of this sort of thing so I travel to Vermont, Maine, and New Hampshire.   Falling off of my list of priorities entirely, would be things like running to the minimart, and pumping gas, (even driving naked in many circumstances).  There is extensive discussion on the "shame game" thread that relates to how and where I draw the line in ranking my priorities, but it boils down to modesty, getting along with other people in my life, and respecting other people's space in my community.     

Pumping gas has been mentioned recently here in other threads.   I have never attempted it nor thought much about it.   Besides my reasons stated above, there are also too many cameras at the gas pumps around here, and too many opportunities to unknowingly play a starring role in someone's YouTube video.  Mind you, I am completely at ease with my nudity in the company of others, and I don't hide much of anything about my life from anyone, but there is no need to tempt fate and un-necessarily complicate the lives of other people in my life.

I have been very fortunate this past season to fall into several opportunities to live active-naked for extended multi-day periods and I have enjoyed them immensely.  Some were life changing.   I wish you all of the best, Socialfreehiker, in your upcoming adventure and hope to read about it sometime in the future.   I wish that I could join you all.   -Dan
Rich1245
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2009, 10:43:17 PM »

Hi.  Rich naked hiker here (I guess Rich nh would be easier).  Anyway, I wanted to tell about my naked camping experience a few years ago (before the divorce).  Wife and I were at a private camp ground over consequtive Labor Day weekends.  We found ourselves the only campers around and I first took my cloths off and remained that way even as I walked down to the fishing lake for a swim or up to the bath houses about 2 footballs fields away.  No one was really allowed to swim in the fishing lake, but I didn't see any employees around to stop me.  Well, to make a long story short, we spent just about every day that week after the holiday completly and totally naked, dressing only to go to the camp store or to drive in to the local town for food supplies and whatever.  After having accomplished that the first holiday weekend, I so looked forward to the next Labor Day weekend at the same campground.  Sure enough on Monday by noon everyone was pulling out leaving us to throw our cloths off noncaringly.  It was a super feeling to stand in the meadow in the early morning sun, or to lay out to get a little tan by the high afternoon sun and then go for a dip in the "forbidden pond".  (There was a guarded swimming lake about 1/2 mile back by the front office, but that required bathing suits.)  It was a real natural feeling around especially around meal time when I was making a wood cooking fire and then cooking our meals on that fire.  We didn't fight or argue, we just enjoyed being naked just as God had brought us into this world.  It surely was Heavenly!  It most certainly was a most relaxing feeling knowing that the campgrounds staff, who must have seen us nake once or twice, didn't say a word as long as there was no one else, no other paying customers present.   BTW, this private campground is located in Gore, Virginia.  The family owns 3,000 acres of wooded land on a mountain and there is just about all the naked hiking you could want to do.  I haven't been there now in 5 or 6 years and I surely do miss it.  Last summer I, and a lady friend, visited a nudist park in NY State for a 3 day weekend.  I was naked from the time I arrived.  My firned, who was attending a nudist facility of any kind for the first time, was a little apprehensive, but after the first day she seemed to feel more comfortable in her nakedness.  Heck, she even met a man from around her neck of the woods, back in Buffalo.  Now the only times I get naked are those times when I am on the second floor of my house.  My 90 y.o. mother lives with me so I don't go naked downstairs.  (Maybe I should talk to her about her thoughts of me being naked in front of her....afterall, she did change my diapers 62 years ago!

)  I want very much to attend  the Avalon resort somewhere in northern Virginia., or is that West Virginia,...maybe next summerl
canyonhawk
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2009, 10:35:13 AM »

Socal, pump gas nude?  Yes, as I wrote about in the driving thread.  Several times, not in the past few years, though.  It's not for the feint of heart.

I once did a trip from southern Utah to Deep Creek Hot Springs, where I spent three days.  I was naked from the time I bought my groceries in St. George until I was almost home.  I figured I did 84 hours, a personal best.  It required three gas stops, each of which involved some scouting and strategic placement of car and door.  I didn't have any confrontations and, if seen, it would have been a fleeting look from a passing vehicle.  Still, it's pretty thrilling (and probably very stupid) to get out of your car.  Don't know if I can recommend it.

NakedNewf
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2009, 08:02:01 PM »

Hi Fellow Naturists,

That's a very bold thing to do canyonhawk.  I've never been to the western states (except for a 3 day convention in Vegas), but have often seen in movies these gas stations located out in remote, seemingly desolate, open spaces and wondered what it would be like to live nude out in that kind of landscape.   Were these gas stations located in locations such as this or were they in small towns?  When it came time to pay for the gas how did you do that without being seen?  Or were you brave enough not care about being seen?

I would love to try it here, but I can't think of any suitable spot here to do it.  The risk of getting arrested would be too great.

Take care, stay bare!
freewalkerMA
Global Moderator

dayDreamin!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2009, 10:10:33 PM »

Taking this pumping gas in the buff thing to its ultimate extreme.    I am ready to try living for the summer months, in my town here in the Massachusetts, in the nude 24/7 for three or four months straight.   Just doing everything one would normally do..... working at the office, kicking back at home with my wife, grocery shopping, gardening, playing, Walmart, McDees, pumping gas....everything.   This, or course, is a utopian idea, not achieved anywhere in the civilized world, to my knowledge.   I know...the French resort town doesn't count....it's a resort!   Nor do the various gated communities and trailer parks around the country.   I am talking about legal, accepted, and commonplace simple nudity across the entire nation.    The "law of the land" if you will.  Though this is unlikely to happen in our life times, it is fun to contemplate which of our many social ills would be solved by such a move.   I wonder what new problems would arise to take their place.   Us humans manage to make problems where there are none---you know, matter moving in to occupy a vacuum.    I still believe, as I have stated before,  that in such a world, not everybody would want to see and know everything about everyone else all of the time.   But I also believe the world would be a better place, one easier to live in and to go about the business of getting  along with others in.    What think ye?   

Sorry guys, we should probably take this back to Shame Game if it continues.   Such is the circular nature of our discussions.   -Dan         
canyonhawk
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2009, 10:38:10 PM »

Newf, pay at the pump is a necessity!

As for rural and urban, east and west, I don't think it makes that much difference.  During the day, there will be comings and goings at any stop.  The key is finding the right alignment of pumps that allows you to use a combination of car, door, and pump to give you a little security.  Well, actually, the key is being stupid enough to do this, I guess.

Freewalker, my dream is to drive across the country naked all the way.  Start by jumping in the Atlantic, then into the car and head west, and finish it off by jumping in the Pacific.   Finding a place to pull over and sleep becomes easier as you get farther west.  There are nudist resorts, of course.  Food can be stocked up.  Gas is an issue all the way.
Pages: 1 2 3 » Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: