Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 02:47:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
8206 Posts in 1127 Topics by 1253 Members
Latest Member: mikenlaurie
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

+  Hiking Naked
|-+  HIKING NAKED
| |-+  My Favorite Places To Hike Naked
| | |-+  Naked in the Colorado Mountains
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Naked in the Colorado Mountains  (Read 6602 times)
Happy Hikers

Treking Naked

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2009, 02:38:36 AM »

Our favorite place to hike is a type of place more so than a specific place. Fortunately,  where we live we have literally hundreds of trails in the mountains within a couple hours and probably 40 trails suitable for naked hiking within a half hour of the house.

Our preference is hiking where the scenery is more vastly visible rather than just some trail that winds through the trees. That can range from a trail that is on top of a ridge where you can see distant mountain ranges as well as hiking along the side of a valley (or at the bottom of the valley on a game trail) where you typically see a wider variety of vegetation as well as having the sound of running water.

Wandering from the subject for a second – I have a “grinner” type story about hiking naked on a game trail maybe I’ll write about sometime. “Dee” could probably tell it better than me so maybe I’ll see if I can talk her into writing it.

The only downside to hiking in those types of places is we are probably much more likely to be seen by someone that we don’t even know is there or can see us. Hopefully if that happens they won’t have the wherewithal to report us. There was one time when we just came up from about a half mile of valley that was fairly wide open and when we stopped to take a break we could hear voices from the ridge above us that were coming from a point that would have had a very good vantage point of us during a good portion of that valley hike.

Even though we will probably still get 10 or 12 three to eight mile hikes this year, the weather is starting to get too cold to do much more naked hiking. We just cross our fingers for some of those random 70 degree January days.

Happy Hiking!
Report to moderator   Logged
nekkidcouple1964

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 02:25:19 PM »

Love to know some of the places you hike.

I travel to Colorado Springs often and would love to hike nude there.

Just don't know of good places.

Our favorite place to hike is a type of place more so than a specific place. Fortunately,  where we live we have literally hundreds of trails in the mountains within a couple hours and probably 40 trails suitable for naked hiking within a half hour of the house.

Our preference is hiking where the scenery is more vastly visible rather than just some trail that winds through the trees. That can range from a trail that is on top of a ridge where you can see distant mountain ranges as well as hiking along the side of a valley (or at the bottom of the valley on a game trail) where you typically see a wider variety of vegetation as well as having the sound of running water.

Wandering from the subject for a second
Happy Hikers

Treking Naked

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 11:33:10 PM »

I can e-mail you some maps. Will you have a 4WD? - J
nekkidcouple1964

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 02:10:58 PM »

Nope, when I am in town I come by plane so I will have a rental.

Sometimes I am in the Denver area.  Mostly Colorado Springs. I expect a springs visit shortly.

Love to have company that knows the trails.

Thanks for the tips and maps.

Smiley

I can e-mail you some maps. Will you have a 4WD? - J
Jmaccal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 05:31:14 PM »

I'm looking for a place by Avon/Vail to go free hiking, also looking for someone that would like to go also. I am planning on Friday morning if you would like to join me let me know.

Happy Hikers

Treking Naked

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 04:42:21 AM »

I'm looking for a place by Avon/Vail to go free hiking, ...

If you go to the topic “Naked Hikers in the US & Canada” subheading “Colorado Naked Hikers”, reply # 8 was written for the Beaver Creek area & would apply to Vail since they are only a few minutes away from each other. Also, reply # 15 in the same thread was directed to you.

We hiked over 15 miles naked on Friday – only 2/10 of a mile with shorts on during the entire hike and that was at the end of the trail. There’s almost no one else out on weekdays if you can get away then. - J
Happy Hikers

Treking Naked

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 01:53:10 PM »

Anyone ever hike the Lost Creek Wilderness Area? We did last Saturday and again yesterday. No mountain bikes, some incredible vistas and, depending on the exact area, a wide variety of scenery often while standing in one spot. This weekend most of the aspens have budded and the light green of the fresh leaves really makes for amazing views mixed with the pines.

Last Saturday (Memorial weekend) 17+ miles (14 naked), it was slightly busier than yesterday, 15+ miles (15+ naked). Saw 7 people last week end and 1 group of 3 yesterday ~ a real traffic jamb since it’s so close to Denver Grin.

We’ve got a lot of remote trails we want to knock out this summer but I’ve wanted to poke around in that Wilderness Area for the last couple years so we’ll probably hit it again this summer, and no doubt when the aspens start changing this fall since there are enormous groves of them on the southern side of the Wilderness Area.  – J

Happy Wilderness Hiking !

(pics attached)
x1wildone

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 03:34:37 PM »

I hike a trail that is off limits to wheeled traffic, but it is very obvious that the mtn. bikers cannot read the signs.
Another trail I want to hike is in the Holy Cross Wilderness area, but winter snow is fast approaching.
Happy Hikers

Treking Naked

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 01:06:30 PM »

author=Allenwilliford from
Happy Hikers

Treking Naked

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 01:19:22 AM »

January 28, 2011
freewalkerMA
Global Moderator

dayDreamin!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 04:38:46 PM »

Good for you John.   I sympathize with you re the wild swings in your weather, but at least you have some warm days to pounce on.   It looks like we may have some choice coming up over the next two weeks.   Whether to choose the sun, some mid thirties, a little breeze, or overcast, mid fifties, and more breeze.   The first real break since the new year in these parts.   No matter, it all feels tropical compared to ten degrees.    Amazing what one can get used to when one is motivated.   I have had more fun and been in better spirits this winter than any in quite a while, thanks to you guys prodding.    You are right John, mileage is not the goal in winter naked hiking.    It definitely takes more effort to cover the same ground, then in the summer, but you see and feel things more closely.   In theory, there are fewer people out, but that doesn't always play out around here.   I have seen plenty of cars at the trailheads, and lots of tracks in the snow, but I have still found it possible to choose my moments.   And Yaktrax are a must to have along.   Snowshoes or skis also open up a lot of areas to easier travel.    I think I will try my luck mid week, and look for the full moon later on.    

Enjoy that snow while it lasts, you all.    -Dan      
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: