Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 02:57:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
8371 Posts in 1144 Topics by 1304 Members
Latest Member: Baeker
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

+  Hiking Naked
|-+  NUDE RECREATION AND ACTIVITIES
| |-+  Camping Naked (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Camping Naked
Pages: 1 2 3 » Go Down Print
Author Topic: Camping Naked  (Read 35694 times)
Admin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: December 14, 2009, 03:06:16 PM »

Camping Naked is gaining popularity and it was time to add a place for it here on HikingNaked.com.

Enjoy this new Board!
Report to moderator   Logged
shaved
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 06:20:11 AM »

Yes i used to go camping alot years ago, as i also liked long naked hikes etc, but i usually settent up off the trail ,so i done offend anyone , and didn`t have to worry as most others camped near trail or in camp grounds , Nice to wake up get out in sun and relax.
rooftop
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 02:50:18 AM »

My friends and I went camping about 15 years ago in the Alleghany mountains in southern NY.  I spent most of the weekend nude.
NakedNewf
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 01:18:51 PM »

Hi Fellow Naturists,

I've camped naked many times.  Sometimes while hiking on remote long distance trails where you could not complete the entire hike in one day.  Other times I would be at a nudist campground for several days at a time, which is very nice because they usually have nice unisex washroom facilities, hot tubs, sauna, swimming pool and a communal kitchen where you can mingle and chat with other like-minded people.

The longest stretch I ever spent totally nude was back in June 1999 when I attended the Northeast Naturist Gathering, which was held at Eastover Resort in Lenox, Massachusetts and organized by The Naturist Society.  What a wonderful time that was, getting out of my tent each morning in the nude and not having to dress at all for the whole day.  It lasted a full week and it was fantastic!  There must have been over 300 naturists there and there was always something happening so you were never bored.  The place is huge, 1,000 acres, and it has its own American history museum, library, gymnasium, extensive hiking trails (which become cross country ski trails in winter) and even its own bison herd.  I would love to go back there again.  Apparently, The Naturist Society will be having another gathering there next year, check out their website <www.naturistsociety.com> for more details.  Maybe, I'll see you there.

Take care, stay bare!

P.S.  I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy NUDE year!
GABare

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 08:44:18 PM »

haven't  camped out in several years, the other day i was going through my container containing my camping gear and wondering if i was going to use it anytime soon decided to keep it and hopefully may use it this spring.
baresit
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 05:46:16 PM »

I love camping naked!

Have been camping over 40 years (63 yo) and have taken every opportunity to shed my clothes when possible. My wife does likewise, however, it did take me about 20 years to convince her how great it was to be nude all the time.

Our favorite place s now history, "Red White and Blue Beach" north of Santa Cruz, CA. A private clothing optional beach for about 40 years. Had a small campgrounds and you could camp in your RV in the parking lot as well.

The state of CA doesn't like part of it's thousand plus mile shoreline to be privately owned so it started putting heavy restrictions on it's operation until it was forced to close. What a travesty for the nudist family. It was a sad day for me when I heard it was closed. I had gone there off and on for about 30 years. Where I first got my wife to leave her clothes at the tent.

Now I go to South Padre Island, TX and enjoy miles of nude hiking, camping, fishing.. what more is there in life! Once you leave the city of South Padre Island, go about 10 miles up the beach and enjoy! There is about 20 miles of beach before the ship channel. So literally there are miles you can hike naked, and I do! South Padre Island is about 40 miles from Brownsville, TX. That's as far south as you can get in TX.

Come join me sometime!!

baresit

luv2bnude52
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 06:40:59 AM »

I live in Colorado and do all my camping, fishing, boating and hiking in the nude. I have met the greatest people while living life as a nudist. Last summer I was setting up camp in the nude obviously and a female park ranger pulled up. I waved and said give me a minute and I will cover up. She told me it was not necessary she had seen nude campers before. So I stayed nude and told her that I had been camping and enjoying the outdoors in the nude for 30 years and this was the first time I had ever had a visit from any Park Rangers. She said that they probably just went on about their business as long as there were not any families or children around. To my surprise she said she had the next couple of days off and asked if she and her husband could join me. We had a great time and have done it many more times.
outdrlvr
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 09:28:15 AM »

We are camping naked this next weekend 3 miles south of Quartzsite, AZ and welcome anyone interested. It's the weekend of March 5th to the 7th. The 56 acre section where BLM or authorities don't bother us is called Magic Circle. It's dry camping so mostly RVs will be there. I will have a toyhauler with two flags, an American flag and a yellow happy face flag underneath. Email me for the last bit of detailed directions to successfully get there.  John.
nudewalker

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 09:25:34 PM »

John, so glad to have you on board.  I have read for years about camping in the Magic Circle now I may hear first hand. Camping there is on my bucket list so may meet you there some day.
NudeAl

The best dress for walking is nakedness. Fletcher

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 01:24:51 AM »

I've been naked camping for 20 years now. I have run the gammit from car camping to back packing and a few years ago I got a travel trailer so sort of an RV camper now. I can still here my dad saying that's not camping!! LOL! Hey what can I say after 23 years in the Marine Corps I have had enough of sleeping on the ground. I love getting out in nature and for me now camping in a nude campground is pretty close to heaven. Some are more to my liking than others and I have definatly camped nude outside of these places at remote locations in the desert and in the mountains but it is really nice to get up in the morning and not have to ever worry about wearing clothes period. I have wonderful memories of nude camp outs with my friends from the Camping Bares, soaking in natural hotsprings under the stars enjoying a glass of wine feeling the hot water soak my weary bones and contemplating the heavens. Great times.
Lakota
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 01:10:30 PM »

We set camp up for the summer here in Montana, and just never break it down till the 1st snow. From the time we reach camp, the clothes are gone. Everyone knows that we have a nudist campsite, and never have we had problems. They know to make us aware when they are arriving at camp. 

It's along a nice stream, right near a trailhead to a wilderness area, and 10,000' peaks. I have never seen another person on any of the trails in the wilderness area. I don't "fear" running into anyone ever. The thought never crosses my mind anymore. Those trails are becoming my back yard.

I am lucky.
daves_ndt

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 08:29:28 PM »

Ah yes.  Camping at it's best.  Somehow camping with clothes is just not as refreshing.  I've enjoyed it many times and have introduced it to several of my friends, who took to it quite quickly.  Fortunately here in Nevada it is not hard to find a place to camp, hike and even drive dressed as one sees fit.  I've combined camping with jeep trips into the seldom visited mountains of this state.  I concur- getting up in the morning and enjoying the sun on your body as you savor that first cup of coffee is sublime.  Campfires are great too.  I'm going to try to attach a couple of photos from a trip a couple of years ago.
daves_ndt

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 08:33:27 PM »

One more photo- this time a breakfast shot.  This is in Trail Canyon on the east side of the White Mountains near the California border (Boundary Peak is in the background).  Richard and I are checking out the maps for our days exploration.  At 9500 feet, the sun seems to come up under your feet and the air is cool but the sun is wonderfully warming.
dome526
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 06:00:25 PM »

Have an RV, and need elec.  We camp in Northeast - going to Battenkill in VT in June.  Any ideas on friendly places for full/partial nude camping?
daves_ndt

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2010, 08:17:13 PM »

This camping adventure occurred a number of years ago when I was still in college-I had gotten the sail boat that spring and had spent the summer practicing on the lake behind the old ranger station where I was living.  In mid August my college roommate made a visit and we decided to sail out to the islands on Mono Lake to spend a naked weekend exploring the island and the old resort at the hot springs.

It was not to be as we planned.  We launched from Black Point, as this was relatively near the islands and an easy place to get the boat to the shoreline.  As soon as we were out of the car the clothes came off and went into a plastic bag for safe keeping.  We launched the 12 foot sail boat and then sat there.  The normally breezy lake was dead calm.  We paddled a while and even took turns getting in the water and towing the boat but were making slow progress toward the island.

Then we heard a strange putt putt putt on the usually quiet lake and on the horizon we see a odd craft approaching.  Another boat on the lake- this was indeed unusual!  I gradually made its way over towards us.  We sat down tight on the bottom of the small boat- there was no way we could get our clothing out of the bag, even though it made slow progress since, first we didn't think it would come to us and then because the clothes were in one of several bags of stuff and we really didn't know which one to look in (and it was not all that easy to move around on the small boat.

Well, it was a solitary guy heading out to the island as well, and he just wondered if we were in trouble, given that there was no wind.  We assured him that we were fine before he got too close and he continued on his way.  We did not.  We really did not want to share the island with someone else, and we were not making much progress anyway.  We turned around and made our way back to shore, helped by a light breeze that had picked up.

Once we had secured the boat to my car, we were ready to return, somewhere.  I got into the car, still naked.  My roommate followed suit. "I've never driven naked before" he said.  Neither had I but this seemed like a consolation prize for our aborted island adventure.  We drove the 20 miles back to town, pulling on our shorts at that last moment.  A short naked driving experience, but the first of many to follow. We continued back to the old ranger station to drop off the boat and showered to get off the salt from the lake.  Time to regroup.

It was only mid-afternoon.  We headed south and then headed to a remote campsite I knew of.  We drove past that campsite and continued deeper into the woods.  We found a great place in a dense fir grove where we spent the evening naked camping.  We didn't have an island to explore but with all the fir we had a great fire, and it was an unusually warm evening for 8000 feet elevation.  Turns out it was a good choice- a big storm came in that night (calm before the storm on the lake) and the other guy was stranded on the island for two days!  We awoke to the overcast skies and could hear the wind in the trees but had plenty of time to break camp (naked of course) and return to the ranger station.
freewalkerMA
Global Moderator

dayDreamin!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 09:03:43 PM »

Fun story to read Daves_ndt.    Please keep them coming.   -Dan
Pages: 1 2 3 » Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: