Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 09:47:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
8372 Posts in 1144 Topics by 1304 Members
Latest Member: Baeker
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

+  Hiking Naked
|-+  HIKING NAKED
| |-+  New Ideas For Naked Hikers (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Nude Running - 5K
Pages: 1 2 3 » Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nude Running - 5K  (Read 7567 times)
kenfreehiker
« on: February 11, 2010, 12:45:10 AM »

Is Nude Running a topic of interest to this group?

If so, perhaps members will be interested in this information:

Bare Burro 5k Update

Don
Report to moderator   Logged
NudeAl

The best dress for walking is nakedness. Fletcher

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 10:43:22 PM »

Same here for Spokane WA area Kaniksu likes to say they invented the nude running event back in 1984 last year was the 25th anniversary we have it every July on the last Sunday of the month.
kenfreehiker
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 04:18:43 PM »

If you
M4Wnudie
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 03:20:00 AM »

Never done an actual nude run but have an interest. Even would like to do Bay to Breakers in the nude. But I have a concern about getting an erection when I run. Sometimes when I'm hiking naked I'll try running for a bit. When I do I tend to get an erection not because I'm aroused but the flopping. My worry is this happening during a nude run. Will it offend people? Does this happen to other men? I remember when I was 18 and at a naturist club. I fell asleep in the sun and got an erection. I was awakened by a guy who loudly shouted at me to roll over. I was quite embarassed and would like to avoid something like that if I were to do a nude run. Thanks 
NudeAl

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 01:56:16 PM »

I did  Bare to Breakers back in 2000 kind of a weird experience but one I am glad I had non the less. I wnat to plug my clubs nude running event here in eastern WA near Spokane. It is the Bare Buns Fun Run and I believe it is the oldest such event in the US 31 years this year. It is on the last Sunday in July every years so if you can make it would love to see you there. The race is a 5K and it is a nationally recognized running event so those who race competitively can get credit for it. Let me know if you would like more info or just check out the Kaniksu Ranch Web page.
au naturel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 10:18:45 AM »

I did the Bay to Breakers this year (2010).  It was the first footrace in my life...and the first time I appeared nude to anyone other than my immediate family!  May as well start out grand!  It was rather chilly on that day, but that kept me exceedingly comfortable.  I chuckled at the guys with sweaty t-shirts clinging to their bodies. 

As for erections, when your body is running, the demand for blood in the larger muscles limits the amount available for other more 'superfluous events'.  In fact, the largest complaint from the guys was about major shrinkage.  One spectator commented as I ran by, "Oh....I thought that was a WOMAN...!"  Tongue

Seriously think about participating next year.  2011 will be the one-hundredth running of the Bay to Breakers, so is should be pretty wild!
GABare

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 07:22:35 PM »

i did a nude 5k years ago at hidden valley now paradise valley in georgia needless to say i was never a good runner but it was fun to try and i did finish pretty much at the back of the pack but it was fun. if i could drop a few pounds i would like to try again and for those that haven't tried it go for it even if you have to walk it. i would like to see a nude bike ride at a resort that would be fun to.
freewalkerMA
Global Moderator

dayDreamin!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 11:15:42 PM »

I'm with you GABare.   After my recent experience with the WNBR, I would like to try some 5Ks aunatural.   A friend of mine from the WNBR just ran in one in Vermont up just north of Burlington, that I missed.   I will try to make that one next year.   I would not care much where I finished.    Just fun.    -Dan
NudeAl

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 10:56:42 PM »

Just back from my club Kaniksu's Bare Buns Fun Run. Had a blast!!! My wife a Grand-daughter went too spent the whole weekend hung out by the pool and had an RV site next to the volleyball courts. Run had about 400 runner/walkers and an even greater number of spectators. My grand-daughter came in second in her age class pretty cool.
NakedBuddbudd
Always looking to make a new(d) friend to go hiking!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 10:18:36 AM »

www.NudeRuns.com is your best source of information about Naked 5K runs in the US and around the world.

I have done the Bay to Breakers, the Bare 2 Breakers, and several nude runs here in Florida... plus over 600 miles of naked hiking, mostly while on business trips around the country.
NakedBuddbudd
Always looking to make a new(d) friend to go hiking!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 09:32:48 AM »

Just back from the DARE TO GO BARE Naked 5K Run at Lake Como Family Naturist Resort in Lutz, just north of Tampa.

Great fun, did the 5K run and then the 2.5K Walk.

About 150 runners, all nude.
GABare

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2011, 12:16:28 AM »

love lake como and it would be a great place to run a 5k because its flat, maybe next year.
Alfresco10

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2011, 01:45:37 AM »

I occasionally take nude runs on old logging roads and along a stretch of deserted beach not far from home.  It's really invigorating, and I've never had any discomfort (discussing running naked always seems to bring up concerns about flopping parts causing discomfort).  I think that being naked gives me a little extra energy, but let's face it, any outdoor activity is more fun naked anyway.   I'm not much for competitive athletics, though, so I'm not sure that I'd enjoy a running race all that much.  Have fun, and let us know how it goes.

Barely,   Al
campingbare

eschew obfuscation http://campingbare.mine.nu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2011, 08:47:35 AM »

My daily excercise is a mile nude run on my grass/dirt track out behind the house (11 times around is a mile).  We are at the dead end of a road, and no houses in sight from "out back". This is my ONLY running routine, and I am nude whether hot, cold, sunny, cloudy, etc.

I have never had the problem of getting erect when running.  I would guess that's a "newbie" thing. No offense intended to newbies. It's just when you are so accustomed to clothing, doing anything new without it might draw attention to those parts that would normally not be exposed.

If you can run in an isolated place a few times, and keep a good pace, I doubt the erection will be an ongoing problem.
VAHiker

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 11:47:01 PM »

Love running in the buff.  Got a great pair of trail running shoes and try to go at least twice a week for an hour or more.
jbeegoode

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2014, 06:13:54 PM »

The erection problem can be mediated with an ejaculation, or cold weather.

I suspect that after the association of movement and blood flow with stimulation become lessened, the associations of running movement and blood flow will become norm. In the meantime, run nude and enjoy the sensation, until it goes away. You just might make a point to point yourself into the less public areas until the point changes its mood.  Roll Eyes
Jbee
Pages: 1 2 3 » Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: