Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 04:06:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
8202 Posts in 1127 Topics by 1250 Members
Latest Member: gwj5
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

+  Hiking Naked
|-+  HIKING NAKED
| |-+  My Favorite Places To Hike Naked
| | |-+  Hiking Havasu!
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hiking Havasu!  (Read 3444 times)
naked_hiker
« on: June 21, 2010, 02:32:44 PM »

Living in Lake Havasu City I get to do some excellent naked hiking. The weather here is great for it and allows for frostbite free hiking nearly year round. It can get a little warm in the peak summer months 120+, but the lake is right there. On the California side it is nearly all wide open desert which makes the chances of running into other (clothed) hikers nearly zero (once in 10 years). That makes the hiking all the better as far as I am concerned. It's not that I am bothered by being seen, it's just that I think others have a right to NOT have to see me.
Hiking by the light of a full moon in the summer is really enjoyable because that is when you get to see the the amazing amount of wild animals. Everything from wild burro's and big horn sheep, to Javilna (wild pigs) and even beaver at the waters edge. I have seen (been stalked by actually) moutian lions, deer, bobcats with brilliant blue eyes, coyote, huge owls, foxes, and yes rattlesnakes, can't forget about them. High top boots are a must at night in the summer.
I know the desert like it was my own back yard, where to see the big critters and where to stay away from the big eat-you critters.
So if anybody finds they are coming out this way and wants to really see the desert, I am always up for a hike, clothed or not is fine with me as well.
I just found this site, but I will be checking on it now and then.
Report to moderator   Logged
Groverguy

A hat and sturdy shoes make a fine hiking outfit!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 10:57:55 PM »

Naked_hiker:

I lived in LHC for two years back in 89-91 when I was the manager for the Bill Williams NWR.  Some pretty good washes up on the Topck Gorge for nude hiking but I think you are correct.  The CA side and much of the tribal lands don't see many visitors.  The wilderness are on the Havasu NWR has an old closed mining road that is a good hike as well.

Groverguy
Nhavasu

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 03:42:07 PM »

Is there  still anyone in the Havasu area
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: